Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Baby Steps: Simple Frugal Living



I've been working to get back into a routine here at our new home. Finally I feel caught up and like I am able to continue with my normal routine. I got off track for quite a while between moving and becoming pregnant and having no energy or motivation to keep up. While it wasn't like I let our home fall apart, it just wasn't up to the standards I set for myself.

So, now that I'm back in my normal routine, I've felt much more like myself and like I can relax in our home. As you saw from my last post, I have also incorporated couponing. I am really excited to see how much I can save our family on our monthly bill. I made a coupon binder and can't wait to fill it up with coupons!! I have also been in the process of making a homemaking binder with all of our home routine info, as well as food inventory and our menu plan details. I'm so excited because I know all of this hard work will pay off!

Well, off to go pick some berries with the kiddos. We will be making some Berry Crisp and possibly some Blackberry Freezer Jelly. I will also be freezing some of them and I will be doing a post on a simple way to freeze and store them for later months.

Thanks for stopping by! Have a great day!