Monday, October 11, 2010

Monday's Motivational Moment

Over the weekend I spent a lot of time with my aunt who I love and don't get to see so often anymore. She was so happy to be here visiting and to be exploring the amazing outdoors with the ones she loves. It made me think about when I moved away from home years ago. It was only for a short time, but it was a major eye opener for me. I came to realize that family and friends mean EVERYTHING. Not that I didn't know that beforehand, but only once those things are taken away from you do you really understand. As I watched her tears well up while looking at her surroundings all of those emotions came back to me. I know how she feels and how hard it is to be away. I pray for her always and hope that someday she does come back. I am so thankful to always be surrounded by love.


For Monday's Motivational Moment...


This morning I got up and read some of the blogs I follow. I found a couple of challenges I am going to take part in.



I am so excited to start these two challenges.

The first I have a head start on. The first goal for this challenge is to light a large candle in your home and every time you see the flickering light you say a prayer for peace in your home. Second is to play soft music and to focus on using peaceful words and maintaining peaceful relationships. I already have the candle and music and I am excited to incorporate the spiritual part into our everyday lives.

Now, the second challenge I am behind on and it is going to take me a bit to catch up, but I can't wait to get started!

So, I took action today and set my goals for the next few weeks. Have you?