Thursday, October 28, 2010

I'm so behind!

It has been a while since I posted. I've been so busy with International Epidermolysis Bullosa (EB) Awareness Week. Here are the things I have done and others that are underway.

Radio Spot on KAJO talking about our family and EB on 10/25 (first day of EB Awareness Week)

I created a challenge on Facebook. You can join us at:
International Epidermolysis Bullosa Awareness Week Challenge


*THE CHALLENGES*

* This week, wear a butterfly pin or a red ribbon (color adopted for EB), and explain to anyone who inquires about it what EB is. Post a picture of yourself with your pin/ribbon on and get one entry into the drawing.

* This week, change your photo in your profile to a butterfly and include a little info on EB. You can use any from our EB FB page:
Hope Wishes and Butterfly Kisses
Once this is done, message or comment on my page to get one entry into the drawing.

* This week, for each EB fact/video/story/etc. you post (limited to one entry per day) you will get one entry into the drawing.

All entries will be put into a drawing that will be held on Monday, November 1st.

*PRIZES*

1st Prize -
EB Butterfly Bracelet from Jewelry By Tam

2nd Prize -
Handmade EB Butterfly Fleece Blanket

3rd Prize -
One 2 oz. Jar of Butterfly Balm


This week, meet our butterfly children and consider making a donation to improve their quality of life. DEBRA.org

If you are not familiar with EB you can listen to this video:

Recording of Radio Spot

I am making get well cards to send to several children's hospitals. They are going to be butterfly themed and on the back they have EB Awareness Week info and websites.

I made letters to hand out to our neighbors that has info about Ashton and EB.

And... I am making letters and giving jars to set out at our local coffee stands. All donations will go to debra.org

Well, I better get back to work! LOL! I hope you join us in spreading awareness!