Thursday, March 3, 2011
Help Payton Thornton: Extreme Home Makeover
It’s already been a year of miracles for Payton Thornton.
Against all odds, the 5-year-old White Plains boy was allowed to come home in late December, just six months after receiving a stem cell/bone marrow transplant at the University of Minnesota Children’s Hospital.
Payton suffers from a rare genetic skin disorder called Recessive Dystrophic Epidermolysis Bullosa (RDEB). Doctors believe the transplant could well save his life, and all indications are that Payton is continuing to improve.
But after returning home, the family discovered a potentially dangerous mold in their household air, being circulated by the air-conditioning unit. Payton’s immune system was weakened by the transplant, and the fungus, aspergillus, could cause a serious infection. Continued...
Read more: Anniston Star - White Plains miracle kid faces new obstacle - a toxic house
***Extreme Home Makeover***
To vote for the Thornton family:
1. Go to www.abc.go.com
2. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click “Contact ABC”
3. (1st Section) Enter Your Personal Information
4. (2nd Section) Beside “Select a Show or Category,” choose “Extreme Makeover: Home Edition”
5. Beside “Subject,” choose “Comment”
6. Beside “Message,” type “The Thornton Family, White Plains, AL” and state the reason you feel that they are deserving.
7. Click “Send”
Posted by Bushnell Family at 9:04 AM